Monday, September 6, 2010

Questionarie

1. Photo of yourself.





2. E-mail address (e.g., yourname at domain.com).


kingyy@neo.tamu.edu




3. Graduate standing (e.g., 3rd year Phd) (e.g., 3rd Year PhD, 2nd Year Masters, 1st Year PhD w/ Masters).


I am a first-year PhD.



4. Why are you taking this class?

This is a new area, and I believe my previous knowledge may have a good use in this area.



5. What experience do you bring to this class?

I have background in Computer Vision and Graphics, as well as Pattern Recognition, Machine learning, etc.



6. What do you expect to be doing in 10 years?

Since both my parents are professors, I would like to be a professor myself. If this goal can not be achieved, I would like to go to some research facilities.



7. What do you think will be the next biggest technological advancement in computer science?

Human computer interaction

Computer should enter people’s daily life, and this use of computer has been paid most attention nowadays. Therefore, how to interact efficiently with the computer became a crucial topic, there must be some breakthrough in this area.


8. What was your favorite course when you were an undergraduate (computer science or otherwise)?

Computer Principals

It is a directly-translated name from Chinese, actually it majorly talked about how computer works in hardware level and mostly the assembly language. Even though I have forgotten most of assembly language, but since I have undergraduate in Electrical Engineering, it feels comfortable to understand how computer works from hardware view.



9. What is your favorite movie and why?

Final Destination 1.

Rather than the horrific and gory scenes, I would give more credits to its originality, when I first saw this movie in 2002, I was totally attracted by this new idea, 'destiny'. If I can use my own words, I would like to say, everything in the world is connected, this connection could be strong or weak. I am not religious, but I do believe there are connections dragging everything together and I am very pleased to see people trying to find it, use it or against it.



10. If you could travel back in time, who would you like to meet and why?

Albert Einstein, he is the second man that I admired most. The first one is my father, however, I do not need to travel back in time to see him.

11. Give some interesting fact about yourself.

Even though I am a CS student, I am extremely interested in geography and history, as well as arts and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment